You will provide support within and to the Purchasing & Customer Services Team to ensure timely release of purchase orders, on-time delivery, excellent liaison with customers and a variety of other tasks to ensure all daily targets are achieved.
The Team will ensure that all key responsibilities listed, are handled and covered daily basis. Training will be provided to all members of the team, in order to be multi skilled to an appropriate level, to support the requirements of the department during busy periods and staff absences.
- Place and review purchase orders with suppliers either on the phone, by email or direct online, looking to make as much cost savings as possible.
- Manage the day-to-day purchase requirements of the Project Management Team. This includes liaising with professional services to ensure that stock arrives on time for the Project Managers/Engineers, in order to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Issuing purchase orders for approved sub-contractors
- To liaise with the Project/Commercial Managers to process project orders
- Keep accurate records of purchase orders placed and any additional charges in updating all project record sheets
- Investigate and resolve any issues relating to delay/defect/rescheduling in provision of products
- Control new supplier process and ensure conformance to company policy
- Management of sub-contractor applications and records
- Assist department in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products
- Liaise with all departments within the company and suppliers
- Back Order Report - daily review and communicating of report findings
- Listen to customer questions/concerns and provide answers or responses
- Handle returns and complaints efficiently
- Record details of customer issue and action taken
- Carry out other general office tasks as and when required