Salary - £24,500
Location - Oxford
The organisation are one of the UK’s leading end-to-end technology solutions providers. They offer an extensive portfolio of products and professional services – everything from hardware and software through IT consultancy, network design and implementation to project management and outstanding service and support.
APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY
- Provide a professional first and second line technical advisory, diagnostic and repair support service to the organisation within a Service Desk environment, via telephone, email and face-to-face.
- Technically responsible for the support delivered to the School and where necessary advise the Network Manager or Service Delivery Manager of any equired improvements.
- Manage all incidents assigned to second line support within the agreed SLA and escalate all incidents that fall out of that criteria and where necessary and directed to do so, attend deskside to resolve support issues and assist with the technical development of the School’s ICT environment.
- Report and manage any incident that requires the services of a third party organisation.
- Ensure all problems identified whilst performing Service Desk duties are recorded on the Service Management Systems (SMS), and is kept fully up-to-date with the status of each ongoing problem and are resolved within the customers Service Level Agreement.
- Ensure that the Network Manager is fully updated on the status of all ongoing problems and escalations.
- Assist in the duties during busy incident logging periods to answer first line calls and record details in the SMS.
- Action any asset changes in compliance with the Change Control Procedure.
- Ensure compliance with the defined security requirements regarding access to the System.
- Support Centre area and any systems therein are fully satisfied at all times.
- Provide an effective communications interface between the School and the various groups within the company.
- Monitor/manage call queues to ensure that support calls are being escalated and resolved within agreed SLA’s.
- Complete additional ad hoc project work, as required.
- Assist the Network Manager by carrying out reasonable requests for additional duties as and when required.
- Make recommendations on potential improvements to working practices and performance to improve service levels and customer satisfaction.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and applications is essential.
- Sound working knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and VLANs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Experience of using a call management system and working to SLAs.
- Good working knowledge of Apple MAC’s and MAC Server.
- At least two years’ experience within the education sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Pro-active approach to work.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical staff and pupils.
- Ability to communicate across wide range of ages, experience and abilities.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge across the team and with customers to aid learning and proficiency.
- Be able to work, unsupervised, on own initiative.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Company Purchase Schem
- Retail Discount Scheme