Salary - £33,000
Location - Bicester
We are working on behalf of our clients who are a global manufacturing company based in Bicester to find them a self-motivated and enthusiastic Buyer/Expeditor to join their busy Operations Team.
APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY
Are you an experienced Buyer/Expeditor? Are you looking for a fantastic new opportunity?
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the effective purchasing operation such as ordering material, equipment and services from vendors within company guidelines.
- Purchase components, equipment and services to fulfil customer orders/projects using the MRP system. Examine and process departmental requisitions. Expedite the delivery of goods.
- Liaise with other departments to determine purchasing needs and specifications.
- Pro-actively manage open order schedules to ensure on time delivery and accuracy of information are maintained at all times.
- Perform all Purchasing activities for specific projects as required.
- Manage and monitor the return of defective goods.
- Ensure that any pricing information is up to date and are accurate at all times.
- Maintain data for all purchase items on MRP system.
- Actively support the inventory reduction program and meet stock turns target defined by the budgets/objectives.
- Resolve any invoice queries.
- Organise individual workloads to achieve personal and business objectives.
- Ensure that Company Health and Safety standards are maintained and advise line manager of any problems.
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures and policies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Candidates must have:
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise workloads and follow project through.
- Proven negotiation skills and able to build positive working relationships with clients.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across all levels.
- At least 3 years of purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment, ideally the electronics industry.
- Previous experience with a MRP/ERP software systems, preferably SAP.
- Experience of working with complex spreadsheets and manipulating data from reports.
- Flexible working attitude and able to perform well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Outstanding administration and organisational skills with a high level of accuracy.
- Advanced computer skills including.
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent qualification.
- SAP experience.
- Advanced computer skills including Mircosoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Salary up to £33,000 pa depending on experience.
- 25 days holiday.
- Working hours: 8.15am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday. 8.15am - 3.45pm Friday.
- Private Healthcare.
- Life Assurance.